International Businesswomen Homestay
Women’s Advantage Homestay
Exclusively for women!
The Women’s Advantage Homestay Experience is the first English-language homestay developed exclusively for international businesswomen and women professionals.
The primary goals of the Women’s Advantage Homestay Experience are twofold:
- To help empower international businesswomen & women professionals in their endeavor to win recognition for their achievements & accomplishments in their native countries.
- To help international businesswomen & women professionals grow & succeed in their work and their lives.
This unique homestay offers all the comforts and amenities of all our English-language homestay programs. A comfortable, clean private bedroom, three meals a day, study and quiet areas, access to the Internet, and much more, plus a host teacher who will welcome you into a friendly and caring family circle.
Upon enrolling in the English Homestay and receiving email confirmation, you’ll take the award-winning Versant Spoken English Phone Test at home to accurately measure your English-speaking skills. Then, after you arrive at your U.S. homestay destination, your host teacher will administer a written and oral placement test designed to confirm the appropriate level of your English language abilities.
With the combined award-winning Versant Spoken English Phone Test and the post-arrival test results, we’ll develop a lesson plan exclusively for your personal English-learning needs and education objectives.
The Women’s Advantage Homestay Experience includes four distinctive features:
- From a selection of business and professional skill courses developed by the Cambridge University Press, you select the course that addresses a critical skill you want to learn more about and refine. The skill course you select will be customized into your personalized business English lesson plan and, by the time you arrive in the U.S., your host teacher will have your customized lesson plan waiting for you.
- You can make a request for your host teacher to be a woman. After all, who but another woman will really understand all the challenges you face every day in achieving your professional goals and, at the same time, bring balance to your family and professional life.
- Your homestay experience will include a 2-hour lunch meeting with an American woman who works in the same business as you do, or the same profession. This is an outstanding opportunity to network, share experiences, exchange ideas, and learn from one another.
- We know that many cultures have a tradition that, upon returning from an overseas trip, the traveler is obligated to bring small gifts for family, close friends and business colleagues. Your homestay experience will include time for a shopping trip to the Fashion Island Shopping Mall in Newport Beach and the South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa.
Welcome to the family
In most homes, you’ll interact daily with three generations of the host family–grandparents, parents and children — and every minute of every day will be a new learning experience.
You’ll share meals and watch television together. You’ll discuss politics, literature, music, and popular culture. You’ll discover the genuine American culture and you’ll teach the host family about your culture.
Select your Cambridge University Press course
The Women’s Advantage Homestay Experience offers a selection of business and professional skill courses developed by the Cambridge University Press.
You select the business skill or profession-specific skill course that addresses your most critical skill need and we’ll customize the course you select into your personalized 20-hour, 1-week business English lesson plan. By the time you arrive in the U.S., your host teacher will have your customized lesson plan waiting for you.
Our entire Women’s Advantage Homestay Experience homestay hosts are accredited ESL teachers with years of experience teaching English as a second language in U.S. schools and colleges.
Select one course for your personalized homestay English language experience and add to the basket.
Cambridge Press Business-skill courses
- Business Reports in English
- English for International Negotiations
- In Business
- Intercultural Resource Pack
- New International Business English
- Professional Presentations
- Telephoning in English
Cambridge Press Profession-specific skill courses
- Cambridge English for Engineering
- Cambridge English for the Media
- Cambridge English for Nursing
- English for the Financial Sector
- English in Medicine
- Good Practice
- Introduction to International Legal English
All inclusions for a 1-week Women’s Advantage Homestay Experience
- 20-hour personalized Cambridge Press business orprofessional skill English-language course including course book
- 2-hour lunch meeting with an American woman who worksin the same business or industry, or in the same profession
- A shopping trip to the Fashion Island Shopping Mall inNewport Beach & the South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa
- Comfortable private bedroom
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner meals
- Study & quiet areas
- Access to TV & the Internet
- Access to laundry facilities
Click here to place your order!